Tuesday, July 03, 2007

More France

Next day in Paris....
We started off going to see Notre Dam. It was beautiful, and the boys were excited that this is where Quasimodo rings the bells. Steve and Tawna took Nathan and Steven up the 422 stairs to see the bells at the top of the church. The boys did a pretty good job it sounds like, but when I saw Nathan again, he told me that his legs where shaking. :)

Steve and I got to stand on this little gold circle that is the center of Paris.
Then we got some hot dogs for lunch and sat out in front of the Mayors house to eat.
Next we saw the Egyptian Obelisk

Then we went to see Saint Sulpice so we could have a "DaVinci code" moment. Steve is standing at the base of the Rose Line!

That evening Tawna and Krista went with Sarah Steffen to see some things and then went out to dinner. And Sister Steffen, Steve and I went out for some Sushi. We left the kids at the hotel with Aaron Steffen who is their 14 year old son. We owe him big time, and we had a great time out on the town without the kids for a couple of hours. We got to see the Arc de Triumph which was neat to see.
To finish things up we went on Sunday to the Louvre which happened to be free that day. There were a ton of people there, and it was a bit overwhelming, but Steve was excited to be able to see the famous things there.

He also took some very illegal pictures much to my dismay. :)

We had a wonderful time, and were so happy to be able to go. Who knows were we will go next! :)

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow Teresa. I love seeing Paris. That is one place I would love to go.

Roeckers said...

Seen Paris...I love to SEE YOU PREGNANT :) You are looking so cute!!

Glad you are having fun and enjoying the last few months of travel without an infant!

Go Nathan go. My legs shaked too coming down those stinkin' stairs.

Alicia said...

Those pictures bring back great memories. Ask me (or Kamber) about the "hot chocolate episode". What an incredible city. You guys did some really cool things in Paris. I'm so glad Steve gave in and finally went. I think it is very cool that you went to Saint Sulpice and I agree the louvre is totally overwhelming. We went in, walked right to the Mona Lisa and walked out. It's good to see Tawna and Krista with you. You are a good sister to still be tour guiding around Europe when you are so pregnant. You do look cute.

Roger said...

This is how I see how people look...
Steve - Fuzzy. What is that growth on your face? Is it your response to being around so much more estrogen?
Teresa - Cute and also pregnant.
Tawna - Kinda Frenchy in the stripped shirt.
Krista - Very religious going to church (and a little bit spoiled by her parents)
Steven - Bored
Nathan - Not interested in smiling for the camera.
Jacob - Busy, busy, busy

laura said...

So fun. I wish I could have been there. I love seeing T&K with you. Teresa- you look great!! You are hardly showing at all. How did you do that?? "Who knows where we will go next?"- hopefully, it's across the sea to the good old USA.