Saturday, June 16, 2007

Week in Review

There have been a couple of things that I wanted to blog about this week, but Steve has me playing this new computer game with him that we are both really enjoying. So, when the kids go to bed, we play our game until our bedtime. It has hurt my blogging time, but not too bad. We don't know what we are going to do when Tawna and Krista come and then when the baby comes. We will have to work around that I guess. :)

1. So, the first exciting news is.....Steven lost his tooth!!

It is so fun to see your oldest loose his first tooth. Unfortunately at the moment he lost it, my friend Ashley Hawkins had been here about 10 minutes with some friends of hers that she is touring Europe with. They stayed one night with us as they were passing through the area. AND I was on the phone with a friend from the Branch. So, the usual excitement that he should have received was totally lost. Oh the little failures of a Mother. Anyway, he put the tooth under his pillow that night, and Mr. Toothfairy decided to give him 5 Euros and a little one Euro toy! Way too much for a simple tooth, but Mr. Toothfairy doesn't plan on doing that next time. :)

2. A funny story. I was reading a book to Nathan and Jacob the other day that was about rescue vehicles. It talked about the sirens that are on police cars. So, I made the siren noise. Whooooooooh. Well, Nathan quickly corrected me and said, "It doesn't make that noise, it makes this noise. Weee Ohhh, Wee Ohhh. OK, any of you who have ever heard a siren in Europe know what I am talking about. There is a big difference in the noises, and since Nathan has been here most of his life, he makes a completely different siren noise than me. WEIRD!

3. One day this week the boys and I were a little bored, so we got out this really cool ball puzzle that I had bought. It is of the smurfs, and the pieces are made out of plastic, so that as you put them together, they form in to a ball. It was really a cool puzzle, although it did frustrate Nathan after the first half. Maybe it is made for kids a little older with a little more patience.
{This is what Jacob did while we did the ball puzzle.}

4. And the last story. Steve went it at 11:00pm the other night to take Nathan to the bathroom before we went to bed. Steve said, "Nathan?" and Nathan said, "Was?" pronounced Vas which is how you say "What" in German. Isn't it said that when you dream in a new language you are really starting to get it? I guess Nathan is well on his way. :) We thought it was funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Boys
Cute Stories
Cute Puzzle
But you have to go to Grandpa's blog to see the cutest baby. (Here is a hint - it is the one with the most hair)

Anonymous said...

Seriously the coolest puzzle I have ever seen.

Roeckers said...

I cant believe he has lost his first tooth!

I hope you had fun with Ash. We were having fun with her family while she was with you. Was she up before noon?

I love the story about Nathan and the WAS?

Sounds like you are keeping busy. Any idea when you will be headed back to the US for good? Are they closing the Dagger? How's the branch doing now that Pres Harrington is leaving?

Kristin said...

Too cute! You always do such great things with the boys. And what a fun puzzle. My kids don't like the puzzles. They'd rather play barbies. Girls playing barbies? Go figure! :)

Alicia said...

Those were great stories about your boys. A big Congrats to Steven for losing his tooth and scoring so big from the tooth fairy! I'm now trying to yank one of my teeth out.
I also loved the story about Nathan and the "vas". He is really into German now. I remember starting to dream in spanish and that is when I was totally submerged in it and it came more naturally than english. Weird, huh.