Friday, July 21, 2006

Hot Days





So...we have been having some pretty hot days here, which it sounds like is the case all over the world. We have been in the 90's for a week, and the forecast says it will stay there for at least another week. And remember that is with no a/c, and our bedroom is on the third floor. Germany usually gets in the 90's for a couple of days, but then cools down to the 70's for a couple days. So, I don't know what is going on this year, we are not getting any break! Here are a couple of pictures of how we have been staying cool this week.(The swimming pictures are of a day we went with the Kirkhams.) Today we have just been relaxing at home. Steve is golfing with some friends of his, which is a great activity for him to do (after work of course). And our friends, the Roeckers are coming over to spend the night tonight! They have two kids, and are moving to Logan in the next couple of weeks. The movers took all of their stuff today, so they will stay with us tonight, ane then go to the hotel on post. So hopefully we will have a fun night of popcorn, and game playing.

3 comments:

laura said...

I hate the heat!!! Excuse my pregnant tone. We've done the swimming thing, but I guess we should break out the ice cream. That looks like a cool pool- indoor it seems. I can't even imagine no air conditioning! I hope you have lots of fans.

Alicia said...

Teresa - I feel for you. I lived on the third floor with no a/c in Boston and I have never wanted to die like I did some of those hot humid summer nights! The pool and the ice cream look great though. I hope it gets you through the heat wave. I have a/c and I am ready to break out the ice cream myself.

Olson Clan said...

This is so unfair! I miss you guys and the branch and Germany so much, OK maybe not Germany but definetly you and the branch!!! Isaac still talks about the "next time we go to Miss Theresa's". OK now I think I will go have a pity party....