Friday, June 05, 2009

One Year in the USA

I cannot let this milestone go by without mentioning it. We flew from Germany to Georgia on June 2nd last year. It has already been a year that we have been here, and I just can't believe it. Although on one hand Germany seems years and years ago. The coolest part about this too is that Steve flew back to Germany to teach a class at his old stomping ground on June 4th. What a perfect way to spend our one year mark. I will be joining Steve there on June 17th where we get to spend 5 days together without the boys in Germany. I am so excited to go back to Weiterstadt and eat all the yummy food around there with just Steve. We are really making these get away vacations a habit and I am loving it.

{Here we are a year ago at the front door to our house in Germany the day before we left}


One other thing that I must mention. I have been seeing blogs of people starting up there garden and it made me realize how much warmer we are here in Georgia. I mentioned our garden a couple months ago and this is it today.





Steve and I each planted some things, and they are growing beautifully. Steve has been using Miracle Grow on them, and it really does wonders. On Thursday Steve picked a beautiful zucchini and I picked a yellow crookneck squash straight from the garden. I cooked them up for dinner with some chicken and Italian dressing. I have also been eating peas out of the garden as I seem them, but the peas aren't doing so hot. I am not sure they are going to live much longer. We have a better plan for them next year.

5 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Your garden is gorgeous! I just planted ours, so I am hoping we will have some growth in about 30-40 days. I need to do some miracle gro this week before I leave for Bakersfield.

Jessica said...

so jealous of your strawberries. So excited that you get to go to CA and to Germany. I really do want to come camping with you especially after Nathan asked me who I was and figured i was a friend of his mom's.

Steve said...

Teresa's got quite the green thumb. She tricked me into doing a garden this year, shame on her!

Kristin said...

Way to go on the awesome garden! And you lucky dogs, getting to go to Germany sans kids. Wanna watch my kids next year so John and I can go to Italy??? LOL!

Melissa said...

How great you got to go back to Germany. I love your garden. I've killed everything I've planted so I'm scared to do a garden but would love to have fresh vegetables.