Friday, June 05, 2009

I Can't Wait Until I'm 8!!

Steven had his 8th birthday on June 3rd!! He has made it to baptism age, and we are all very excited for him. He will be baptized on July 5th. We set that date a long time ago not knowing Steve was going to be out of town, but now we are very happy we did.

Steven wanted to have a Star Wars party this year, and he had a blast. I really, really don't like giving parties. Actually I guess what I don't like is a party where the Mom drops the kid off for a couple of hours. I always try to do a party where the whole family stays. I have more fun that way, and less responsibility. But this year we decided to give Steven a real party and it wasn't sooo bad. Not my favorite, but it worked out.

He had 5 of his friends come. We started out feeding them lunch. Top Ramen is Steven's favorite, so that is what he chose. When I went to the store, I thought that is what I had in my cart. But when I got it out 5 minutes after the party started, it was Cup O' Noodle! Oops. So, I threw it all in a big pot and it worked out OK.

{The rest of the boys just ate watermelon and then were ready to get up and play. Not Steven. He sat there and ate his bowl of soup and another bowl of soup while his friends all ran around outside without him. The boy has a real love for food.}


After lunch the plan was to play star wars for a little while, but the boys knew that they were here to swim as well, so they didn't spend much time playing, they went straight to the pool. Luckily the party favors could go in the pool.

{These are the light sabers that Steve made for the boys}

{Making a whirlpool}


So they swam for an hour, and then we had cake and opened presents. Steven said present opening was his favorite part of the day. He wanted a lemon cake which I thought was interesting, but he always used to get lemon ice cream cones in Germany. So, I made a lemon cake where I added some lemon gelatin to the batter. Then after it was cooked I poked holes in it, and drizzled some lemon sauce on to it. It turned out very good, and lemony. Even the other boys liked it.




He had a great party and as a family we went to that same awful pizza buffet for dinner. Steve and the boys all love it, so Steve suggests it every birthday. I am going to do my best to get out of it at Brandon's birthday. :)

Thank you to everyone who sent gifts and called. The boys love that. Steven got a card from Grandma and Grandpa, Nana and Papa, Grandma Great, and Aunt Kristin and Uncle John. Thank you all so much.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Looks like a great birthday, Yea, Steven. I am so happy that you are 8 and that you are going to be baptized and that you are coming to visit us!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Whirlpools are a blast to do in those pools!

Steve said...

I got to hand it to you, hun, you sure do make these kids happy with all that you do for them. The party was awesome because of you!