Saturday, April 04, 2009

Baseball, Mud and Teeth

As I start my blog I just have to mention what a wonderful life we have in this day and age. I have a dishwasher washing my dishes, a washing machine washing my clothes, and Steve is on his way home from Priesthood with Subway, so I don't even have to make my own dinner. That gives me time to sit on my computer and blog. What a wonderful life!

So, Steve came home from his business trip a day early, and swooped in and saved me. What a man! It is great to have him home, and to reign the boys in a little bit with discipline. Steven's lip healed quickly and beautifully and he was ready to play his first game that Friday (a week ago). Nathan also played his first game then and we had a great time watching them and cheering their team on.

Here is Steven during his game. The lady next to us said we'll have to get used to taking pictures with the chain link in the way. :-)


This past week it has rained a ton! I think Statesboro got 5 inches in less than 36 hours. We couldn't believe it as we sat in the house hearing it downpour all day. As a result the baseball games for this week were cancelled. The boys also found a way to entertain themselves on Thursday night. The got in this huge mud puddle without asking me, and when I realized what they were doing I decided to let them have some fun. They played in here and threw mud on each other for about an hour, and then I put them all in the shower together. I didn't get mad until I realized they were wearing their only school shoes and they were filled with mud!




Poor little Nathan had an incident with his teeth when he was two where he chipped one of his front teeth, and had swollen gums for a couple of days. So he has lived with a chipped tooth for 4 years. I was so excited when he got to the age where his teeth are falling out. Unfortunately the chipped one still hasn't fallen out, and the one next to it must have had some damage to the gums. He came in last week and said his tooth was coming out and he played with it for an hour, but it would not come out. He could make it point straight out of his mouth, but it wouldn't let go.


It hung on for a week, and then at school it finally came out. I have never seen a stranger tooth in my life. It is so LONG, and nasty looking. The tooth behind it has already started to come in, and his gums look all cut up from the long tooth. I guess they made quit a fuss with it at school, because the tooth was so long and had all of it's roots still attached. (I don't know where the roots go when other teeth fall out. ) I guess I thought that was exciting enough to share with y'all



Today was a bright sunny day, so we spent the hours in between confrenece working on the garage. I am finally ready for the garage sale! During our time outside Brandon found a bag of jelly bellys and poured them out all over the driveway for him to sit and enjoy. Notice the tye dyed shirt made by Grandma Allred.

4 comments:

laura said...

Baseball season is so demanding, but so fun. I love being out in the great weather watching games. As for picture taking, my little point-and-shoot camera lens fits right in one of the holes on the chain link fence. Do you have a bigger lense?
Congrats to Nathan. I was waiting for a picture of the long tooth. Where is it?
And I have some stuff for your garage sale. Can I send it.

Alicia said...

Wow. Very interesting. I'm a little grossed out by the whole tooth story, but I haven't gotten to the stage of pulling out teeth yet. I'm glad Steven is better and that he gets to play baseball again. Amazing that you are ready to garage sale all the stuff in your garage! Nice work and good luck.

Kristin said...

So I only know this because I asked the dentist when Kalie got her teeth pulled a few years ago. But when a tooth falls out on it's own, the root actually discintegrates (did I spell that right? probably not, but you know what I mean) when the new tooth starts growing in. That's what makes the baby tooth loose, and eventually fall out. Interesting! At least it was to me. :)

Roeckers said...

Looks like fun!
I am always grateful to have dad home, although Jake never pulls in the reigns much, he is just a great balance.
I worry about Liza's tooth being hte same way. She has a tooth that has been loose for four months now and just won't budge. It will be interesting to see if the outcome is similar...
Brandon looks like his hair is lighter than the other boys. Is it?
I have been contributing to a blog that you could definitely add some advice to on binky's this week. I think your method was the best one I have seen. They ultimately make the decision to grow up at an age that they understand. Check it out http://villageformoms.blogspot.com/
A bunch of LDS mom's from around the country have put it together and I have really enjoyed the advice and knowledge they offer.