Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Garage Sale

Well, after six long months of storing our Utah stuff in the garage, and sorting through it, we finally had our garage sale. Steve was out of town the week before, and got home at 1am Saturday morning, but he was still up with the sun so we could set our stuff out. It was great to get rid of our stuff, and chat with the garage salers. Steve even got a guys number who likes to do wood working projects. He is hoping the guy can teach him a thing or two. We only made about $300, but I feel like that was a lot. Considering A. we had a lot of electronics in storage, that are completely outdated now after 5 years. B. we put a lot of the stuff from storage in our house, and C. we were poor when we put that stuff in storage, so most of it was either from someone else's garage sale, or was from walmart. We just didn't have any nice stuff to sell. So, I am happy. The car is still not back in the garage, but I just need to orgainze and I may be able to get it there. Yahoo!


(Brandon is playing the guitar on a racket)



As a side note, I also wanted to suggest a GREAT movie that Steve and I watched a couple weeks ago. We got netflix back in Nov. I think, and so many of the movies we have watched are just kind of dumb to me. Well, we finally watched one that we both really enjoyed and even learned something from. It is called Luther, and is about Martin Luther, the man who translated the Bible in to German, so that all the people could read it.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Love the blog, hun. I think the garage sale was awesome, we sold a bunch of junk and got $300 out of it. Teresa is definitely a great organizer of junk and the selling of it.

Olson Clan said...

Good job!! I am holding one the first Sat in May, hopfully I do as well....

Roger said...

I saw Steve on display in photo #1. Did you get any offers on him?

Kristin said...

Wow! $300 is a TON of money! Way to go, guys! I guess no one wanted to purchase Steve cause he's still around, huh? LOL

laura said...

I missed you this morning. My friend had a garage sale, so I brought a few things over. I got up at 5:30, sat out in the cold, and came away 10 dollars richer. This economy is even affecting the garage sales. Congrats on your $300.