Tuesday, July 29, 2008

More on our house

So, I was suppose to blog Sunday night, but I want to get some pictures from mine and Steve's phone before I catch you up, so I have put it off and still haven't sent the pictures. oops

Instead I will just tell you what is going on now.

We have been enjoying relaxing here at the house with no beds, couches, kitchen table, etc., etc. Our main shipment of stuff is due to arrive on Monday the 11th of August. So 2 days after the boys and I get back from our Tahoe trip. Steve also told me today that he is going on a training to Ft. Gordon in Augusta, GA that week, so I will receive the furniture myself with the 2 youngest Hughes boys hanging around. That is also the day Steven and Nathan will start school a week late, so hopefully I can get it all taken care of without my husband here, because I really want our furniture.

Now for some pictures since I can't think of anything else to say.

Our beautiful house with another of my favorite features:the front porch. Everyone here in Georgia has a couple of rocking chairs on their front porch and I can't wait until they move up high enough on our list for us to get some. Every time I talk to you guys on the phone I sit on these stairs out front, because my phone gets bad reception inside.
Life without furniture. And the reason I can't spend long amounts of time on the computer. I am getting carpet burn on my elbows.

the boys keep pulling the blow up beds out of there rooms so they can watch TV comfortably. I would like you to notice our new TV too. We had to leave anything electric in Germany so this is one of our new purchases. We are very happy with it.

I have the boys sit on this tablecloth when they eat to avoid getting the floor too dirty. But having a crawling baby with bowls of milk on the floor can be quite a challenge. The boys do a good job of guarding their food.
More of our new purchasesBrandon is completely done nursing, and he Loves his bottle. His night feedings are tapering off now too. Back to sleeping all night for me. YAY!
One of our many treasures that made it here with us from Germany: Ginger the cat, and I still think she is cute even though she is not a kitten anymore.
Steve took the boys on a much anticipated fishing trip on Saturday, and they all had a fabulous time. Nathan was the only one to catch anything, and Steve says this pictures makes the fish look much bigger than it really was.
This weekend we had a big evening thunderstorm. It dumped a lot of rain in a short period and it was pouring off our roof in big streams. The boys went out and stood under the streams like it was a waterfall and got themselves soaking wet. Steve and I were thrilled because not only do we love thunderstorms, but it helps us out on watering the grass since we don't have a sprinkler system. Also, notice what is across the street from our house. Nothing. :) A family owns the whole street on that side and it has a pond a grass field and a bunch of trees. It is kind of nice not having neighbors on all sides of us (even if we do love our German neighbors.)

10 comments:

laura said...

You're house is so beautiful- exactly what I would picture a southern house to be. And I love all that land around you. I'm so ready to come and see one of those thunderstorms myself.
I did not know you still didn't have furniture. How do you do that- you NEVER complain. Steve, know that you are SO lucky to have a go with the flow wife. You've been unsettled for over two months- I would be a basket case by now.

Katie said...

You are so lucky. Your house is a dream and you can put a couple of friesians on that ground ;o). I´m sure Steve would love that!!!

We definatly have enough space for you, I´ll manage to fit all of us in our house!!!!!!!

I live to see pictures of all of you in the internet and it its so strange to know that you are that far away now.

felicity & nathaniel said...

Darling, it's enough to make me want to move to Georgia....Almost. I love your house. I love your yard. and I love the pictures of your kids! I am also very happy that you brought along Ginger.
I miss you tons! I'm so happy you're stateside!

Kristin said...

Those pics are great! And your house is really really beautiful! And I can't get over how much land you guys have! I'll bet Steve loved that he had to get a riding lawn mower! :)

Natalie said...

Teresa- You are back on the blog! Your house looks awesome and all the yard around it is a dream come true for someone with four boys! I am happy you are getting closer to being settled.

Are you coming our way any time soon?

Tony, Natalie, Madison, Steven said...

Hey Teresa! It's great to see you back on the blog! Congrats on the new house; it looks georgeous! I know it's been a while since we've been in contact but I think about you guys and miss you. Here is my blogspot in case your interested: http://munguiafamily.blogspot.com
Keep in touch and take care!

Natalie

Anonymous said...

Oh My! I love, love, love that house. It seriously looks like my dream house. I love the red brick and the black shutters and the columns. Gorgeous!!

I can't believe you are still living without furniture. I agree with Laura, good for you for never complaining and just going with it. I would be pulling my hair out to be that unsettled for so long. And to be cleaning up spilled milk from the crawler all the time. Agghhh!

Well, you'll have beds and furniture in Tahoe!

Roeckers said...

Do they do the "sit" thingy in GA? Here they sit out on the front porch about 8pm and just watch each other, or the neighbours come a visit for a "sit".
It looks gorgeous!
Have fun at LAke Tahoe!
Loves to the boys!

Dian's Blog said...

Sorry I am creeping on your blog, but i just wanted to say Hi, and i can't believe how big your boys are getting, and congrats on the move to the States and house. Hope all is well.

Melissa said...

Teresa, what an beautiful home and yard you have. I am so jealous. I wish my boys had open space to explore. I've always thought it would be fun to live in the south. I can't wait to hear how you like it.