Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Brandon

Today we celebrated baby Brandon's 1st birthday. It was great, and we are enjoying him so much. I have never seen a baby smile at people as much as Brandon does. I love it. He is such a joy in my life.

As far as the Birthday goes, we kind of ignored it this morning, and just did festivities after our Sunday nap. I made an easy dinner that he seemed to enjoy and then we went and opened presents. My Mom suggested that I get this ball toy for him, and it was a hit. He was loving playing with it, as long as we could keep the other boys from stealing all of his fun.

Can you see the fancy work that Steve did on the wrapping paper?


After present opening we went and had some cake. I took the easy road for his birthday since my life has been a little crazy and I bought cakes at Walmart. I bought him a little personal sized one, and for the rest of us, I wanted to get a specific kind of cake that tells a little about Brandon's birth. Can you guess what kind it is?
A little confused by the fire.
His first taste of the cake

This is .52 adorable seconds of video showing Brandon enjoying his cake. Steve and I haven't figured out how to get sound on our video from our camera yet, but it is cute anyway. By the way, when Steven was 1 I bought him a costco sized muffin with pink frosting on it, and it was perfect for his birthday. Anyone who has a baby turning one soon, I would not recommend these heavily frosted, very messy walmart cakes. I was feeling very guilty about the sugar high that Brandon was getting. You would think I would know which is best by the time I am on my 4th, but oh well.


Brandon is completely done nursing, and seems to be happy enough with the whole milk we have given him. I am excited to put him in his forward facing carseat tomorrow, I'm sure he is going to love it.

We just set up the bedrooms in the house, and I wanted to put the school boys in one room, and the home boys (get it, haha) in another room. So, Brandon has been taught to sleep with a roommate this week and accepted it pretty easily. I am thrilled. Now if he would just stop waking up for a bottle at 4:00am I would be even more thrilled.


In other news, I am failing in the blogging world again. I have missed at least three big events that I should have blogged about. But anyways....... the movers came this past Monday and brought all of our household stuff. It is very nice to have it again, although it has made quite a mess. And, I have decided that this house will fit our stuff perfectly fine. I don't know what I was thinking when I was afraid this house would be too small for our furniture. I would like to have an attic or a basement for the extra junk, but as far as the furniture fitting, it is all turning out quite nicely. I have been going through stuff slowly just because that is what I felt like doing, but I better pick up the pace now. Steve and I are leaving for a romantic getaway to Hawaii next Sunday. My Mom and sister Tawna are coming to take care of the kiddos for 10 days!!! Can you believe that. Don't I have such a wonderful family. So I need to get things straightened out a little so they don't walk in to craziness. Steve has been on business trips every week of August. He comes home on the weekends to mow the lawn and change the lightbulbs and then leaves again Sunday night. I guess in a way that is OK with me, because now I unpack the boxes at my pace and make sure the stuff goes where I want it too. It will be nice to have the time to spend with him in Hawaii though, since we have been apart this summer more than we have been together.
Here is the house after the movers left. I think we only have like 55 boxes, so it shouldn't be too much work.

11 comments:

Kristin said...

First of all, that video of Brandon had me in stitches! Too too cute! And I'm so sorry I missed his birthday! Happy belated, Brandon! Second, you are so darn lucky to be going to Hawaii sans kids for 10 whole days. I'm so jealous! :) Have fun! And we better hear all about it when you return and see lots of pictures! :)

Roeckers said...

Man you left with only 55boxes? How can you possibly pack Germany into only 55boxes?
We left with over 500 pieces of furniture and boxes! This move we downsized quite a bit we had less than 400.
Where in Hawaii are you going? You know Stephanie Hawkins is over there, really close to the temple. So is Sister Chiddister. Jake and I enjoyed our week there! It is nice to renew your relationship with time to think only of yourselves, but it got old quick. We were grateful to spend some time with Stephanie and Sis Chiddy-cho.
Happy unpacking and prepping for your big trip!

Sue said...

Brandon sure seems to be enjoying his cake! I also love the frosting thief in the video, that is funny, too.I am happy that he had a good birthday. I am excited to see you guys on Friday.

Roger said...

1. What is the big deal? That is how I eat my birthday cake.
2. "Sugar highs" are just wives tales - no scientific evidence.
3. Some of your family is not so wonderful. We like to complain about your mom being away from Bako.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday to Brandon. That boy is sooo cute!!! Glad you are starting to get more settled. LOVE your house. Dreamy.

Melissa said...

Love the ball popper. We have it and it the kids love it. German Chocolate cake was one of my favorite cakes my mom would make growing up. Just looking at it makes me crave it. Maybe I can get her to make it for me. One year birthdays come to quick.

Katie said...

I am so jealous. Would love to have somebody who is minding my 3 monkeys and go of on a holiday all on my own. Lucky you ;o). Brandon seems to be so much bigger then the last time we saw him. Happy Birthday to your little one, even if its a bit late. Ronya says hello to all of you and that he is missing you!

Anonymous said...

I love that kids. Happy Birthday to Brandon. He really is the smiliest baby. I'm glad his birthday was so fun and he got his very own messy chocolate cake. I can't believe it's been a year since Brandon and Ava came along. We'll be celebrating Ava's 1st birthday in Boston.

Your pile of boxes stresses me out. Good luck.

laura said...

Brandon already looks different to me. Did he have a growth spurt in the past couple weeks. Loved the video. Blake just made me play it about 8 times. He kepy saying "I have some? Yummm." Looks like Brandon enjoyed it. I can't believe you're leaving so soon. I really need to get cracking on your itinerary. Tonights the night.

Tony, Natalie, Madison, Steven said...

Happy Birthday Brandon! We got Steven that same ball blower and he loves it. That video of him eating the cake is hilarious! Good luck with the unpacking; I find it oddly theraputic. Anyway, enjoy Hawaii. What a wonderful opportunity!

Williams Family Dirt said...

I can't believe he is one already! It just seems like yesterday I was looking at his baby pictures on your blog! Give him hugs! Good luck with everything!