Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last post in Germany



Teresa and Steve









oops, that looks so much like me I got confused.
My computer gets shipped today, so I am doing my last blog in Germany. I didn't want to leave on an Angry note with my last post. I still haven't found my camera, but I wrote an email to all my friends at church and asked them if anyone had an old digital lying around that they didn't throw away when they upgraded. I got about 6 people who said they did. So, hopefully I will get one on Sunday to use. Yahoo!

We had Jacobs birthday on the 20th and had a wonderful time. We went to an amusement park with friends on Saturday, and then I took him chocolate chip cookies to his class on Tuesday. I have horrible pictures of the days, but my friend Zadell may have some for me. I may blog about that in a month or two. haha

Today movers come to take our first shipment of stuff that will arrive in Georgia in 2 weeks. It has a computer, bikes, towels, and dishes in that shipment. We have the weekend to get everything out of the house that we don't want the movers to take. Monday morning the movers come and clear this place out. On Tuesday through Thursday we clean and paint. Of course my cleaning lady will help with the cleaning and she is good and fast, so I am not too worried about that. We have decided that we would rather sleep here on air mattresses until we hand the keys over on Friday instead of being in a small unfamiliar hotel. We will go to the hotel Friday night May 30th. Then we go to church one last time June 1st and fly out with at least 10 suitcases on June 2nd. Just in time to get to the USA for Steven's bday June 3rd.

We will stay in a hotel near Ft. Stewart until June 14th looking for a house and a car. Then we will drive to Williamsburg to stay with Steve's parents for about a month while he is doing training in DC. So, I will be back on the computer mid July.

We are all so excited to go and it is nice watching the stuff leave our house. Everything that goes out is one less thing I have to worry about.

We have LOVED our experience here and will always think of it fondly.



8 comments:

Kristin said...

I am sure it is hard leaving that beautiful country! I would be balling! But we're so excited to have you back here and I am excited to see you guys soon!

Natalie said...

Sounds like you are on your way. I always love big changes like that even if they are a little sad, but it is fun to think about what could happen next!

Kristin said...

P.S. Why is Brandon being held by a bowling ball in that last picture? OH!!!! That's just Steve. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

laura said...

I can't believe it's really time. I am excited for you to start something new-especially because it means you'll be closer to us. But, sad that you have to leave such an incredible place. You should take comfort in the fact that you made the most of it. You saw so much, and truley embraced the German culture(minus the perishable recycle can, and the keep your kids in school rule). Good luck with it all. Can't wait to talk to call and talk to you for FREE next week!!!!

Anonymous said...

That post makes me sad. I am sad that your adventure is drawing to a close. I am sad because I want to come to Germany again and see the stuff you found after you took us touring, like the tulips and other countries. Also, I am sad that you will be closer and I don't already have a plane ticket to Georgia. Have a wonderful trip. I am happy that everything is planned so well.

Alicia said...

You won't see this for a long time I guess, by I am so sad that you are all packed up and leaving. At the same time, I am thrilled that we will see you in a couple of months. Right Steve? Good luck with your good byes, that will be hard. And good luck with the trip and getting you and your boys settled. It's going to be a tough couple months, but you have proven you can do anything and be happy about it. Can't wait to visit Georgia!

laura said...

Hey- I love a big bronzed chest, just as much as any other girl... BUT, I'm ready for a new post. You don't need pictures. Just update!!!

TheCarleys said...

So, I made the mistake of looking at your blog while Michael was up. He has been talking non stop about Jacob, and asking where he is and why he is not here. He grasps the concept of people living far away, but as we travel so often, he has been asking if we can get on an airplane to see Jacob. LOL, in anycase, you are missed, especially on Friday nights. Hope all is well in GA.