Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter! We started by coloring some eggs yesterday for the Easter Bunny to hide.

Then, since church is not until noon, we were able to do a fun Easter egg hunt and of course candy eating marathon this morning. I realized as the boys where eating their candy that the Easter Bunny must have been on a major chocolate kick when buying the candy. Everything in their baskets was plain chocolate. There were no jelly beans, marshmallows or even chocolate with peanut butter. It was all just solid plain chocolate. It made for quit a boring Easter basket. Oops! Oh well, I will remember that for the years to come. :)
This is the boys getting "instructions" from Dad on the Easter egg hunt. He let them each get one at a time, and hummed a fun jingle while the boys were looking.

The boys got Easter mugs in their baskets, so we had hot chocolate for breakfast, and of course the usual Allred Easter breakfast of smashed up eggs with butter and salt in the microwave.
Then for dinner I made cheese fondue and we had a great time dipping our sticks in the pot and getting drops of cheese all over everything. It was a wonderful Easter!
I hope you all enjoyed your Easter Holiday. I will post a little about my sharing time on the Resurrection tomorrow.

2 comments:

laura said...

How fun! I wish our Easter Bunny would have stuck with plain chocolate- then I wouldn't have been dipping into the kids baskets all day. And I forgot to do our usual smashed egg breakfast!! Thanks for the reminder. That fondue looks good- and fun. I need try that out on our family.

Sarah A said...

What is this smashed egg breakfast? I am always asking Landon what the Allred traditions are and he can never remember, so I'll have to turn to the Allred girls for some help.

Coloring eggs looks like fun! Your boys are as cute as ever!