Sunday, January 08, 2012

HappY 2012

Does it seem like New Years Day was just a week ago?? Crazy, and Christmas is only passed by two weeks. It comes in so slowly, but goes so quickly. We had a wonderful New Year. On Dec. 31st we enjoyed the day and then were excited to stay up until midnight. We started a new tradition this year. At 10pm we all went to the table and wrote down our New Years resolution. Then we took the slips of paper and put them into balloons along with a glow up bracelet. Then I filled them up with a little party helium tank I bought and we went outside and let them go. It was a lot of fun thinking about what we wanted to accomplish this year and then sharing our thoughts with whomever may find our balloons.






On New Years Day we went and enjoyed church which started an hour later than normal. Then after our naps and dinner we went to the neighbors house so the boys could play with some sparklers. Our neighbors are also members of the church, and they have one 8 year old boy. They had probably 50 sparklers so the boys had a great time coming back and back for more. Then we went home and had some New Years Day ice cream sundaes. We loaded those sundaes up and they were fantastic. Definitely another tradition we will hang on to.

 






My New Years Resolutions are....1. lose some weight (of course) 2. get the kitchen clean every night before bed. 3. Do a blog at least twice a month! Can you believe it. I may have to miss out on some great pinterest ideas, but I will put blogging ahead of that on two Sundays a month. Lucky You. :-) Next up....Alexander's new talent.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Wonderful traditions! How fun to see what you do when you create your own traditions. I clean the kitchen in the morning. It depresses me to clean it when I have just cooked in it, and in the a.m. I can do two meals at once. I like it clean during the day, I don't care when I am asleep. Plus, the house is quieter in the a.m. and people don't come in and mess up what I just cleaned.

Kristin said...

What a GREAT idea to put your resolutions into balloons and then let them fly away! I love it!!! The boys look great. I miss you all so much!!

Roger said...

New Years sundaes to start off the losing weight resolution...genius. I'm in.
Steve doesn't look like he was all that excited for the new year.

Alicia said...

I love the balloon idea with your resolutions. How cool. I bet the boys totally liked doing that. And I always like the idea of an ice cream sundae. Genius traditions.

Mostly I'm excited about your new goal of blogging twice a month. We certainly do not see enough of you and the fam . . . we need stories and pictures. I am a "have the kitchen (and whole house) clean before bed" type of person. It makes me CRAZY to wake up to a mess. And then it just gets piled upon while you are busily getting everyone ready and out the door. It feels so good to wake up to a clean house and start fresh (with more messes). Good luck.