Monday, June 27, 2011

A week in the pool and the reception


After the Petersen's wedding, they headed out for their honeymoon and the rest of us headed to Bakersfield. Most of the men left on Sunday or Monday to get back to work. Steve went on a business trip to Utah while we stayed at my Mom and Dad's house. We had a week ahead of us of relaxing by the pool before we had a reception to give. We were all so excited for this week because we knew we would have this time to spend together. I really love being with my family and just relaxing and enjoying each other. All week, we woke up, went out to swim and then shared dinner together.
My sister Laura's birthday was on Monday and to celebrate all the women went out to dinner. I Loved it! Happy Birthday Laura.

One of the days we went out to a produce farm in Bakersfield where they grow and sell all sorts of delicious food. We started out picking blueberries and they were so perfect right off the plant. Then we moved on to plums and apricots. They were all so good and we didn't even feel guilty about eating so much since it was fruit. We had a great time and I am glad we decided to go.

{fun corn pit found at the farm. did they think about what a group of boys would do in the pit?}
{The blueberries! We ate sooo many of them, and we didn't even make a dent.}
{Most of the group made it in this picture}
{Steven with the apricots and plums}


{rock candy}
{The baby who does not like to sleep on the go. Poor kid. :( }

By Saturday we had enjoyed hours of leisure and we were ready to get this reception together. I am little help when it comes to parties because I have no decorating skill or interest. Pretty much all aspects of the party I am useless with, but I am happy to help where needed if anyone finds a job for me. My sisters and sister-in-law are so good when it comes to these areas though and they got Mom and Dad's backyard looking amazing. I heard that it was just how Tawna envisioned it, so mission accomplished.

{Cleaning up for the reception}


{My older sister Alicia and her husband Scott at the reception}
{The boys put on some aprons and were in charge of picking up trash. They really got into it by the end of the night and were refilling drinks and bringing people cupcakes.}

The reception was a backyard barbecue with pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw, rolls, and beans. For dessert they wanted cotton candy and caramel apples. Quite a difference from the typical wedding cake, but it was very good and very unique.

{cotton candy!}
{And one handsome little boy just for your enjoyment. }

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Awwww!!!! Those are some awesome pictures! I'm loving it! The boys are getting so big. Makes me sad we don't see you guys more often!