Friday, May 27, 2011

Last Day of School!

Yea!! The boys are out of school for the summer. I love the school year plan here. They get out the last business day of May, and start the first business day of August. Then we get lots of week long breaks throughout the year.

The boys had their awards ceremonies today and they were lovely. If I just didn't have an infant who seems to only be able to sleep in his quiet bed. He was ready for a nap at 9am and we finally got done at 11:30. Oh the poor life of a fifth child.

Steven with his awesome teacher Ms. Peak. He had a great year with her!

Nathan is in the dark blue. Sorry, I had a fussy baby in my arms so Nathan got gyped. Jacob getting his award in Mrs. Childers class. This is the same teacher Nathan had last year.



So, the thing I am most excited about is the end of the year presents I got for the teachers. I am pretty bad at gift giving. I am not too creative and always have a problem coming up with something. Well, my friend Suzanne blogged about a Great idea that I thought would be really cute to give the teachers. Somehow I found the time and interest in doing a craft and made these great things for four teachers.




We filled them with a Wal-mart gift certificate and lots of candy. I was very happy with how they turned out. The only thing I did differently than Suzanne is I used Mod Podge for the final coat on the cans, so they were glossy.
Now we get started on a fun and wonderful summer! Yea!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ooh I LOVE your cans! They look so beautiful. And I am totally stealing that mod podge idea. GENIUS. Way to go Teresa!

Roger said...

Congrats to everyone!