Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Long awaited California Post



{This is Brandon's designated spot on the airplane.)

I know it has been over a month, but whatever. Whoever said I was on top of things. :)

At the beginning of June the boys and I took a golden opportunity to go to Bakersfield to visit my Mom and Dad and sister Laura and her family. Steve was on a business trip back to our old stomping ground in Griesheim Germany, so I only did what I thought was best for my sanity. And we had an awesome time!!

The flight there was a piece of cake after our treks from Germany. Mom has a big in-ground pool that the boys wanted to be in all the time. Even when they woke up at 5:30am because of jet lag and it was in the 70's, they were begging me to get in the pool. We did end up getting in that first morning at 8:00.

Now, I think this trip will best be described in pictures.

We went to this great place called Murray Farms. I had never heard of it before, but we had a great time. It was really neat. We started out looking at the animals.

Then we headed over to the pool of corn. The kids thought this was a blast and were very entertained.



We also got to go on a tractor ride out into the fields and picked some of the fruit off the trees to snack on. It was delish.

One day we had my Dad's brother Russ and his family over for a pool party. I really enjoyed spending time with them and catching up on their lives.



This is what Brandon does when you tell him to smile. Don't ask me


Very cool pool toy that got used and abused. I am not sure it is functioning anymore.







We also got to be in Bako for the Queen of Bakersfields 20th birthday. That would be Tawna. And because we were there visiting and took her bed, this is where she woke up on the morning of that special day. Sweet thang!




check out those cool lighters.


We also took the kinder bowling one day and had an awesome time. I may have liked it a little more than anyone else since I WON! Woot And whoever's post just mentioned how much more crazy things are when you visit friends with kids (Alicia) wait until you both have four and they are all full of opinions and ideas and NOISE. A lot of interrupted conversations for sure.






A couple of things not photographed. My friend Natalie came over with her kids to swim one afternoon and it was awesome to see her. Laura and I got to go out to eat two times together without kids and I always enjoy her company so much. It was very nice.

Can't leave these out.

Lila Skinner, about the cutest baby I have ever seen in my life!


Big boy Blake, who took this opportunity for a nap.


Here's to wonderful vacations with family

9 comments:

Sue said...

Great recap of a great vacation. We love having your family come! It is a vacation for us, too! Thanks for coming. We do miss Steve, though.

Annoyed Aunt Krista. said...

You would almost think I don't exist. Rude. <3 Krista.

bskin25 said...

So fun. I'm ready to do it all over again. We would do anything to have cousins live close.
I see what you mean about the bowling picture. That could have been scary for me.

Landon said...

I looks like a fun trip. My favorite picture is of Davin doing full-throated scream straight at Kea on the airplane toy.

Roger said...

Brandon's smile gets my vote for the best picture.

Alicia said...

I have my favorite pictures also. Pictures that made me laugh out loud - Steven's shirt stuffed full of corn, Brandon's smile, Davin screaming at Kea, Tawna's birthday bed (poor girl), Blake napping in his car seat (poor kid). It looks so fun! I really wish I could have been there with you all. It also looks crazy. How did you all end up with so many kids. Craziness. I love it all. Thanks for the funny pictures.

Kristin said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had so much fun! And I am SO jealous that your parents have an inground pool! Man that's awesome! :) Love the pic of Brandon crouching on the airplane. That would have been Hannah's spot, too! Haha!

Anonymous said...

where to buy tramadol tramadol online ireland - tramadol dosage kids

Anonymous said...

buy phentermine buy phentermine 30mg - phentermine 37.5mg online