Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Staying Active

Thanks you guys for your suggestions in my last post. I LOVED THEM! I am trying out different things to see what works for me, but the first thing I did was looked up episodes of the office on the internet to see if I could catch up. I was able to watch the last three from season 14 and then the first 2 from this season. I watched the baby shower one this week, and am now all caught up. The show is hilarious, thanks for the tip.

Life has been fun and somewhat active here, just the right amount of activity in my opinion.
I have only a few pictures for you, but at least they will catch you up.

Last Monday (Christopher Columbus day) Steve had work off so we visited the Statesboro Fair, and had a nice time. It is a very small fair, and was only open for 7 days.

This was our favorite hut because Steve is thinking seriously about getting a beehive and collecting his own honey!! Crazy isn't it. And the man in the hut very much encouraged him.


In the honey hut they sold honey sticks that they added different flavors too like orange or peach. They were interesting.

I had to take a picture of this because it is so Southern. This is how they are picking up the trash. They have a trailer hooked to the back of a tractor and the ladies put the trash barrels in the trailer. Who knows, maybe that is how they do it everywhere, this just struck me as a Southern picture.Brandon had a corndog for dinner and decided to lick the ketchup out of the dish when he was done. It was hilarious to watch him. Two ladies even stopped to watch. hahaThen Tuesday Steve left to Augusta which is about 2 hours away from home for a business trip for two weeks. I was a little concerned because it was also the boys fall break. They got a week off of school. When Steve is out of town and the boys are home all day my days can seem REALLY long, but we kept busy at friends house and going to playgroup and then on Thursday we drove up to Augusta to stay in the hotel with Steve for the weekend. Since the govt was paying for the room we had a fantastic, inexpensive weekend.

I figured out the perfect thing to do at the hotel when you are in for the night and your husband is at work. We played GoFish and the boys loved it.

They also decided to go in the pool even though it was in the low 70s. Nathan didn't last long, but Steven had a great time. Steve and Brandon took a little nap at the room and I got to read my book.The weather has been so nice here, we are just loving being outside, it is great fall weather. In Augusta we found this cool park that had a good ole' tetherball pole at it. It was the perfect size for Brandon, and Steve and I got some use out of it too.


Brandon with some rock candy from a Colonial Times thing we went to.
There was also a fair in Augusta and so the boys got to go on one ride each. Steve took Nathan and Steven on this twisting torture ride, but Jacob wasn't tall enough so he went on the dragon roller coaster and had the time of his life.
We got back Sunday night and got ourselves ready to go back to school. The boys still love school and they both did very well on their report cards. Steven is one of the top 7 students in his class so his teacher is taking those seven students to Applebees on Saturday. Steven is so excited to go and I am very proud of him for how much he is enjoying learning and how well he is doing in school. Nathan is getting the hang of things too, his teacher seems to really like him even if he does get in trouble most days.

Then on Monday we got two FUN packages from Nana and Papa Hughes. They are helping us get ready for Halloween, and sent us some goodies.

suckers
beautiful boxes of cookies. Very yummy
Our only downer this week is that the boys are passing a throw up bug to each other. Brandon had it Monday night, Jacob Tuesday night, and Steven today. I kept he and Nathan out of school today afraid that Nathan would get sick at some point, but he didn't. He just got bored and was driving me crazy so I had us all go out and clean out the garage. A fun chore that was needing to be done and it got us all out of the house and spending time in this beautiful fall weather.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very fun to see all of those pictures and to hear everything that you guys have been doing. You are a busy mom. What a good idea to go stay with Steve in Augusta. It looks fun to stay in a hotel and go swimming. I can't wait to hear if Steve really gets bees for your backyard. I mean, honey is delicious! Brandon is looking so adorable in all of his pics. He is such a happy kid. And the one of Jacob on the dragon coaster is so cute. I'm glad you all are having such a good time.

Kristin said...

Oh no!!! Not the stomach bug! I'm sorry to hear you guys have that. Hopefully the rest of you will stay healthy! I like all the pics and the updates. I especially like the picture of the boys in the pool at the hotel, and your feet at the bottom of the picture. :D Too funny! Great pics!

Teresa said...

Kristin- That is so funny that you mentioned my feet. I purposely put them in the picture to show that I was relaxing. Then I forgot to say that in the blog. haha

Sue said...

I've been waiting for an update. I love seeing all that you are doing! I am so happy that you get to travel. I wonder how the Statesboro Fair compares to the Great Kern County Fair, which only goes 12 days.

Roger said...

The kids are adorable but I would like to see more of the mom, not just feet.

laura said...

Brandon is so cute in the tether ball picts. I LOVE the idea of a bee farm. You have enough land.
Everyone looks happy and well.

Lisa said...

Hey two flessa how do you get that thing on the side that says when your friends last updated their blog??

Carolynj said...

Love the pictures! Brandon is the cutest little guy!! We had our own bee hives many years ago. It's fine when they're making the honey. Getting the honey away from them is WORK. And it wasn't as good as the light honey in the stores - we lived near eucalyptus trees. Best of luck if he does it.