Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Tag

We had a very nice Valentines Day. I have gotten in to this crazy habit of baking something in the shape of a heart for Valentines day and this year it was sugar cookies. These were the BEST sugar cookies I have ever made. There is a lot of flour in them, so they come out as more of a cake cookie. They are really soft and fluffy. And the frosting is s cream cheese frosting that I couldn't get enough of. My frosting was really runny, so I just dipped the cookies in to it, and it saved a lot of time. I made about 45 heart cookies, and then sent them to school with the boys and to work with Steve. We wanted to share the LOVE.{This time when I let the kids help I made it much easier on myself. I broke them all off a ball of dough and told them to do whatever they wanted with it. They could eat it all or make cookies out of it or whatever. I even made them roll it out themselves. It worked out GREAT. That way I didn't have to supervise every little thing they did, because I didn't care what they did. :0 Steven's are they only cookies that made it to the frosting stage. And of course, true to form, he is dressed up for the afternoon. This is his Peter costume from "Lion, Witch, Wardrobe" (Laura- the headband he is wearing in the video is part of the Indian costume he was wearing) }

For dinner we just decided to stay here and we had chicken enchilada's since we are leaving for AUSTRIA this weekend! Yahoo! Steve has really been wanting to take the kids and go for a snow vacation. We are staying in a cabin and are in an area where there are lots of places to sled and play in the snow. I am excited. :)

And of course my dear husband did not disappoint with Beautiful Roses for Valentines Day. What a thoughtful man he is! For the evening Steve and I put the kids to bed and then watched a movie up on our cozy bed with the portable DVD player. The movie is called "Amazing Grace" and is about the man who fought to end slave trade in Great Britain. It was Very good.


Now it is Friday morning and I am getting things ready to go on vacation. Brandon is here helping me of course with his handsome little face. I am so grateful for Dr.'s that can make our children healthy and adorable again.


{Jump Johnny Jump}

4 comments:

laura said...

Those cookies look so delicious. Sugar cookies are my absolute favorite. I want that recipe. You're off to Austria, Huh? WHO DOES THAT???? You lead such an adventurous life- and with 4 kids to boot. Good for you. When will you be packing your bags for a nice foggy vacation??????

Hardy Family said...

MMMMMMMMMM....................those cookies look sooooooooooooooo good! Cookies and Austria all in the same week??!! Wow, that is so awesome! Send some snow our way, ok? It was 68 here on Monday. That's just not right - it's February!!!!

mrhakim234 said...

Do people eat the pretzels that fall on the ground?
I know that wasn't the point of your post,but I was just wondering.
i am sure that you will find some useful information..
faschings
Fasching Kostüme

mrhakim234 said...

Do people eat the pretzels that fall on the ground?
I know that wasn't the point of your post,but I was just wondering.
i am sure that you will find some useful information..
faschings
Fasching Kostüme