Thursday, November 18, 2010

We are Having a Baby!!

So.... I realized about a month ago that I never let my far away friends know that I was having a baby! And this became even more obvious when I posted a pregnancy picture on my last blog. What I am a little embarrassed about is....what where you thinking of me in the picture at the lake where I was driving the boat. I look totally prego in that picture. I guess you just figured I was gaining some weight. LOL

Anywho....Steve and I had decided that we wanted to try one more time for a girl. In all honesty, I never got to the point that I was really ready for another baby. But, Steve really wanted to try again and I figured I could handle it, so we tried and sure enough after a couple months, I was pregnant. Because I was never sure of the decision, I have had some real issues during this pregnancy. With all the other boys, as soon as the baby was out I knew I would have another, but that wasn't the case with Brandon. And in this world 5 is a LOT of kids. So, with me not being sure I was ready for this and then having to take on the comments I would get for having 5 kids I was very self conscious. Which would probably explain the lack of information on facebook. I didn't wear maternity clothes until about a month ago, and I just never really talked about the pregnancy.

Well, here are the facts. I am due Jan 22nd 2011. I am 7 months pregnant. And I am having a BOY!! Surprise Surprise.

{This was taken before the temple last Saturday morning}

Now that I really can't hide the pregnancy anymore since I am in my 3rd trimester and I have 9lbs boys, I have finally come to terms with a fifth child and am getting excited. The boys are excited too, now that the evidence is more clear that there is a baby in my stomach. I also got an ultrasound DVD that I brought home for them to watch and they thought that was pretty cool. I plan on taking them on a tour of a hospital this Sunday just to let them feel a part of it. I am getting VERY excited to have a baby again. I love, love, love my babies. They are so good and they sleep wonderfully right there in my bed with me, and they eat good and are so adorable. I have always said that kids don't get hard until they learn to talk and give you there opinions. That is when the real challenge comes. Babies are just pure joy.

I am a little concerned with my crazy schedule with another little one, but I will have to make it work. I am currently the Tiger Cub den leader for our community, and we meet every Monday night, and I am the Young Womens President at church and we meet every Wed. night. Steve is also working full time with a one hour commute to and from work and is going full time to Georgia Southern, a university in our area, and he has classes every evening. On top of that, I like the boys to do sports so we had Steven in football for the past couple of months which meets every Tues and Thurs and sometimes on Sat. I am taking the winter off for sports, but they are all asking to play in the spring. I am not sure that is possible to be at baseball for Steven, and two different soccer games for Nathan and Jacob with Brandon and baby in tow and Steve at school. I will have to figure that one out.

K, one more thing about the baby. I have no idea what to name him. I realized recently that I have named my boys in backwards alphabetical order Steven, Nathan, Jacob, and Brandon. Which would mean I should name this baby an "A" name. I just can't decide if I love any of the names we have thought of. My wise friend tells me, don't stress about about the alphabetical thing and name the baby whatever I want. Which, I do love that advice, but there are no names that I love at this point. So, if anyone wants to give me their two cents in that area, I will take it. :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A sorry that it didn´t happen to be a girl, again. But even I realized that boys are a real joy as well :o). Just two A names I really love : Aidan and Aaron. Katja

Melissa said...

I am sooo excited for you! Coming from a family of 10 kids I laugh at the thought that people think 4 or 5 kids is a big family. You could keep trying like my mom and end up with your 8th being a girl. hehe I know you'll be great. Congratulations!!!

Olson Clan said...

Oh Sweetie! I wish we were closer still. I can imagine us sitting and chatting over some delicious cookies while all of our children run around screaming and we are oblivious to the chaos :) So much we could talk about...
I am totally excited about your having another! You and Steve are amazing parents and all of your children are so very fortunate to have come into your home.
My best advice is to take it one day at a time, learn to say no, realize that you don't have to do everything or give your child all the "perfect" childhood experiences. You and Steve are doing a fantastic job at giving them the foundation they need and they will love you all the same.
Oh... and sometimes you just have to go into robotic mode... you know, where you do the actions, smile and speak sweetly to your children but aren't really thinking or feeling anything... It's ok sometimes, it's called "survival" :)

Emily said...

When you are feeling overwhelmed and a little nuts, just think of me and the fact that I have SIX kids. What's crazier than that?! I would do it all over again. I love having a big family and even though it's taken me years to come to grips with, I am PROUD of my big family. I get comments daily about it and people staring and wanting to know if I gave birth to all of them. I proudly say, "Yep!" I remember being pregnant with my 6th and feeling so insecure and overwhelmed. It does get better. You are awesome and I'm really excited for you! If you get to feeling sad about not having a girl, I'll let you borrow one of mine for a couple days. You'll instantly feel better! Boys are SO much easier. Mine are at least!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. All children are a miracle, and enrich our lives with blessings. For the name, if I were to have another boy, I would have named him Levi Allen, I think with your last name that would sound awesome! Levi Allen Hughes. Just saying.... ;)

Steve said...

Does my opinion count for anything? I have begged her to let me name him Alexander. I haven't thought of a middle name yet, but was thinking Scott. Alexander Scott Hughes... It has a nice ring to it.

Sue said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am excited for you! I finally realized a good answer to questions is, "We love the ones we have, and are so happy, that we want more."

Kristi said...

I decided to check in on your blog and wow, you've updated it. I am so happy for you having #5! You are a super mom and really, a supermom! We were going to name our next boy Andrew. Almost named Mia Andrea, but it wasn't right. And I do love Steve's Alexander, and I like Asa. Good luck picking a name.