Thursday, October 08, 2009

More of the story

So.... as I read through my last blog I realized that I left out a very touching part to my story. My friend Sheila who came over to help me clean up the water told me what she was doing when I called for help. I thought this was so neat. She was in charge of teaching Sunday School that Sunday, and was preparing her lesson. The part she happened to be reading about was the story of the Willie Handcart company who got stuck in the snow on their way to Utah. A bunch of the saints who had already reached Utah got together a rescue party and went and saved this group of people who were all freezing and starving to death. The question the lesson suggested asking your class is how can we be like those pioneers and "rescue" others who may need us. She said I called right as she was reading that part. Isn't that neat? I loved that she shared that with me, and then told the story in Sunday School. She was a great example of how we can rescue our friends and neighbors.

Now more on the floor. A guy came Monday morning with 8 awkward annoying machines that he was using to dry out he floor. They had to stay on for three full days. He did say the floor will have to be replaced and it wasn't until the next day that I wondered why is he drying out the floor if it has to be replaced? But now that it is dry, I am thinking we may just leave it in the house until it gets really bad and then replace it at that point. That way I don't have to deal with it right now. Cause the floor really doesn't look bad to someone who doesn't know what happened and isn't looking for the damage. We will just get the money from the insurance and wait until we are ready to switch it out.

Oh and some of you asked how the boys didn't notice the water. They like to watch their show with the lights off, so the room was pretty dark and they were all sitting on the couch. So, it was just flooding the floor underneath them. Plus... when they watch TV they are pretty glued to it.

Now for something a little more exciting. I LOVE the cute little phrases and songs that kindergarten teachers come up with to help the kids learn, or obey or whatever. Jacob was singing the cutest one the other day, and I thought you would all like to hear it. He forgot for the first couple seconds what he was suppose to be singing. And I think this song is sung when they sit down on the rug for story time.




Here are the words in case you didn't catch them.

One Two, buckle my shoe.
Three Four, bottoms on the floor.
Five Six, zip up your lips.
Seven Eight, sit up straight.
Nine Ten, we're ready to begin.

Nathan has a cute phrase that they say at school too. This could really be put to good use by us Moms.

5 comments:

Steve said...

The only thing that we're missing now is Steven saying "But Mom!" and Brandon saying, "Boom boom pow, mommy?"

Sue said...

I love Jacob's song and his smile! I also love his hair a little longer. Nathan did a great job on his saying, I heard it for the first time while on this trip to Alicia's and love it. I also liked the rest of the story about the floor.

Roeckers said...

Love Jacobs little rhyme! Daniel picks up on rhymes and songs after hearing them one time. I love to hear what he learned in school each day.

Liza came home with that little saying in Pre-K and man it bit her in the butt quite a few times. She used to say it to her brothers all the time, then we would turned it on her. She didn't like that much.

One of the ladies in the ward gave a talk on eternal prescriptive a few weeks ago and said her 8yr old said that little saying when she was complaining about something the day before. I have found myself repeating that every time I lose sight of the whole scheme of things!

laura said...

Ohh, Jacob is so cute. I love that little song, and him saying it is the best.
Davin learned the "you get what you get" phrase in kindergarten. But we say "throw" instead of "pitch".
That is very cool about your floor story. It's so amazing to have good friends who are always willing to help.

Kristin said...

Awww! Those are such cute videos! Macy hasn't come home singing any kindergarten songs. I'm sure they've learned some, she just hasn't shared any. I'll have to ask her. :)