Tuesday, December 05, 2006

New York Misc.

I have some pictures that I still have sitting in my New York file, that just have to be shared.

For some reason after I took the picture of the "Spoonbread Too" sign I kept seeing signs that I thought were funny. There is always honking in NYC and I thought it was hilarious that they put up a Don't Honk sign. I also noticed that it did no good.

This is an interesting sign. What do they mean by "No Standing"? and why would you make a place where standing was not allowed. I braved it though, and stood there long enough to take the picture. :)

On my way to the temple I passed a little church that had this scripture posted on it's wall. I just found it very ironic. It says,"Unless the Lord builds the House, those who build it Labor in Vain."

And the last sign, I was not ever able to get, but it is a great story. OK, this guy was standing on the corner selling these books called 452 sexual positions for $1. It sounds a little crude now that I am sharing it, but at the time I thought it was funny. So Jessica and I kept trying to take a picture of him, and evertime we aimed the camera at him he would turn and walk the other direction. He never seemed to look at us though, so I kept thinking it was just coincidental, but Jessica says he was watching us and didn't want his picture taken. So Jessica finally got sly, and hid behind this wall to get the picture. She almost got a perfect picture too, but some annoying tourist walked right in front of her camera when she had the perfect shot.


I had to take this picture for the boys. I saw SpongeBob on the corner and just had to get my picture with a celebrity. Come to find out it was a hillbilly family trying to make a few extra bucks by dressing up, so they charged me $2 to get my picture taken with him.


I had to get a picture in the blue wig!


This guy was awesome. We were in the subway and this Korean guy was playing some music and he had a ribbon attatched to his hat. He is making the ribbon twirl by moving his head all around, and he is playing the drum at the same time! Now that is talent. Maybe a little goofy, but talent none the less.
(I couldn't figure out how to get the image onto the blog, so for now just click on this skinny rectangle and it will take you to the video. Maybe Steve can help me later.)

1 comment:

Sarah A said...

i just watched the video and it made my head hurt. What some people do for a few bucks!